ICE presents the first issue of the scientific journal – EdTech Journal
The Institute for Contemporary Education is very pleased to present the first issue of our scientific journal for modern education and application of information technologies – EdTech Journal, entitled Vol. 1 No. 1 2021. The journal is published in print and electronic form, in Serbian and English, and focuses on the application of information technologies in education, economy and society. Only one issue is planned for 2021, whereas from 2022, the journal will be published biannually, i.e. every six months, so the first volume of the journal for 2022 is expected to be published soon.
All scientific and professional papers published in the journal are available on the journal’s website. Each paper has DOI identification and UDC classification, and is visible online, and available in the National Library of Serbia (which performed bibliographic processing of the papers), i.e. in COBISS.RS database. In this way, we aim to increase the citation impact of our authors, and the journal.
The first issue of the journal (2021) includes six papers in Serbian and English, written by 18 authors, where five are original scientific papers, and one is a professional paper (book review). In the Introductory, Editor-in-Chief and President of the Institute for Contemporary Educatio, Dr Valentin Kuleto, says about the journal: “The journal before you ensures that we all discuss best practices, and find the best solutions. This is an invitation to dialogue and joint work that will result in healthier, more satisfied, and well-educated young people who will grow into great professionals in whom we will take great pride”.
The first issue covers the following topics in the field of information technology application in education, economy and society:
- Problems related to reliability of data on which the Internet of things is based and their evaluation;
- Application of artificial intelligence and machine learning in higher education;Problemi u vezi
- Development of a new dimensional model for the analysis of information and communication technology use in Serbia;
- Application of mobile banking in modern banking systems;
- Lessons from the past: The smallpox outbreak in Yugoslavia, and its impact on public health and economy;
- The basics of discrete mathematics in information and computer science.