“Boosting Circular Economy Competences for STEM Teachers (Circular STEM)”
In cooperation with partners from Portugal, Italy, Spain, Latvia and Germany, the Institute for Contemporary Education got the opportunity to implement the two-year Erasmus+ project “Boosting Circular Economy Competences for STEM Teachers (Circular STEM)”.
WHAT IS THE MAIN IDEA OF THE PROJECT
The goal of the project is to develop an innovative methodology aimed at students aged 13 to 18 and to train STEM teachers to introduce circular economy (CE) competences into the school curriculum, using an entrepreneurial approach to education that also uses digital skills.
Also, the goal is to support the professional development of teachers so that they become the initiators of the double transition by integrating digital tools, circular economy and entrepreneurial skills into the school curriculum. This will, apart from contributing at the local level to achieving some of the EU’s priorities, be a significant opportunity for continuous professional development.
- Training methodology for the development of curricula in STEM subjects that introduce the circular economy, digital and entrepreneurial competencies. The methodology will be based on a student-centered approach to stimulate them to actively participate in classroom activities using digital tools.
- Training content – developed based on real-world challenges, consolidated through pilot activities organized by partner schools.
- CIRCULAR STEM Academy – an e-learning platform where all project results are located.
- Tool Kit – a toolbox made of additional online and offline resources to support methodology and training content.
DURATION OF THE PROJECT
The project will last for 24 months, from January 1, 2023, until December 31, 2024.
- Agrupamento de Escolas de Frazão, Paços de Ferreira, High School, Frazão, Portugal
- Institute for Contemporary Education, Belgrade, Serbia
- European Digital, Learning Network, European Network, Milano, Italy
- POLITEKNIKA IKASTEGIA TXORIERRI S.COOP, High School, Derio, Spain
- EKONOMIKAS UN KULTURAS AUGSTSKOLA, High Schl, Riga, Latvia
- EIT RawMaterials, Berlin, Germany
APPROXIMATE DATES OF THE MEETINGS
- Kickoff meeting, Paços de Ferreira (Portugal), February 2023;
- Transnational Project Meeting – TPM2, Belgrade, along with 5-day training sessions for teachers: “Train the Trainers’ Activity”, August 2023;
- Transnational Project Meeting – TPM3, online;
- Final meeting, Derio, Spain, November 2024.