The fourth international science conference: The Gifted and the Family, Learning and Business Environments
Mensa Serbia, their partners and the Institute for Contemporary Education (ICE) would like to invite you to the fourth international science conference The Gifted and the Family, Learning and Business Environments, which will take place September 24–26, 2021 at the Institute for Contemporary Education (5 Masarikova Street, Belgrade, Serbia).
The goal of this year’s conference is to consider the relationship between the phenomenon of giftedness and those factors that directly affect its recognition, support, development and full realization. These factors are family, the education system and the business environment in which giftedness can manifest itself in different domains. The conference aims to encourage discussions, research and case studies of good practice that will contribute to a more favorable environment for the development of gifted and creative individuals in our society.
The conference is intended for pre-school and school teachers, psychologists, educators, special education teachers, medical doctors, employees in public services and administration, media workers, students and others who engage in their work with gifted children, youth and adults, both from Serbia and from abroad. The conference is accredited as a form of professional development in educational institutions in the Republic of Serbia and is worth 3 (three) credit points.
We invite you to register your participation in the conference in the form of oral presentations, poster presentations, workshops, or to participate as a listener, without presentation. For your presentation you can choose any of the following sub-themes:
- Relationship between giftedness and family environment,
- Relationship between giftedness and educational environment,
- Relationship between giftedness and business environment,
- Giftedness – general questions,
- Educational work with the gifted,
- Current and alternative approaches in the work with the gifted,
- Detection and identification of gifted children, youth and adults,
- Additional support to the gifted,
- Ethical issues regarding the gifted,
- Stimulating programs for the gifted,
- Empowering professionals to work with gifted,
- Supporting the families of the gifted,
- Labor market and attitude towards the gifted,
- The attitude of the society towards the gifted, and other relevant topics.
You can find important dates and technical instructions for your applications (oral presentations, poster presentations and workshops) HERE.
Members of Mensa Serbia and their partners and ICE members can attend the conference by paying a registration fee of 4,000 dinars, while the price for other colleagues is 4,500 dinars. Colleagues from abroad are required to pay €70, while the fee for Mensa members is €60. These prices will apply until July 20 at 11:59 pm, after which the registration fees will be increased. The registration fee includes:
- the presence and/or participation in the conference,
- publishing of the abstract in the Book of Abstracts for presenters,
- publishing of the paper in the Proceedings Book,
- printed conference program, Certificate of Participation,
- conference kit,
- welcome cocktail,
- refreshments at work breaks.
How to register
Register your participation in the conference by 01 July 2021 at the latest (if you wish to have a presentation) or by 10 September 2021 (if you are a participant without a presentation) by filling out the registration form. To register, please fill out THIS FORM. We kindly ask all candidates to register for the conference by filling out the registration form.
After filling in the registration form, you will receive by email the invoice and instructions for payment of the registration fee. If you are unwilling or unable to be physically present at the conference, please note that the streaming and the online participation will be available.
The conference program will be published on their website no later than September 15, 2021.
For more information, please send your enquiry to: email@example.com.
If you would like to stay up-to-date with ICE news, join our Viber community.
For more information about ICE’s participation at the conference, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call us at: 011/40-11-260.