Live Lab as an inspiration for all teachers
The Institute for Contemporary Education’s Center for Professional Development organized a lecture Live Lab –Multidisciplinary Teaching Tool on Wednesday, January 29. The lecture was given by the recipient of the award Best Educator in Serbia for 2019, and a member of the Institute for Contemporary Education.
Attendees of the lecture had the opportunity to learn how to develop critical thinking and reasoning in their students outside of the classroom – in the organic school garden, how to instill correct values in them, and how to enable practical learning of social and functional life skills. Through her own teaching practice, the lecturer realized that by using the model of a live lab, students embrace the principles of self-engagement, accept responsibility, and solve challenging and problematic situations. In addition, they develop tolerance, adopt teamwork skills, and strengthen their entrepreneurial spirit.
The lecture also highlighted the directions for creating cross-curricular links between the subject matter of class teaching and subject teaching, and presented potential models of horizontal and vertical cooperation among students. The lecturer put special emphasis on the importance of bringing students together on a business enterprise, and bonding with a local community, population and school as a whole.
Some of the comments of the attendees:
- “Very interesting”, Gordana
- “Useful and inspirational!”, Ljiljana
- “We didn’t even know we needed it before we learned about this endeavor. Thanks for the idea and inspiration.”, Ivana
- “Interesting, instructive and applicable.”, Dragana
- “Very interesting, thought-provoking and instructive. It is also applicable with some time and effort.”, Jelena
- “Good work, ICE. We want more of these meetings and lectures.”, Violeta
- “Kudos for the lecturer, ideas and realization.”, Mirjana
- “Pleasant and professional delivery of the topic.”, Snežana
- “Very motivating. Good work!”, Diana
- “Excellent lecture. Great idea for working with kids in suburban neighborhoods.”, Zvonko
- “Very interesting seminar. Well done!”, Oliver
- “A great example of good practice! Thank you for the seminar!”, Maja
The lecturer, Vesela Mačkić and the Institute for Contemporary Education have provided access to the presentation from the lecture to all interested colleagues. You can submit your requests to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at: +381 (0)11/40-11-260.