International online conference: CONTEMPORARY EDUCATION 2021
The Alliance of Serbian Enlighteners, the Institute for Contemporary Education (ICE) and their partners are inviting you to an international online conference Contemporary Education 2021, which will take place on Friday and Saturday, April 23 and 24, starting from 10 AM. All you need in order to follow the conference is internet connection and a smartphone, tablet or computer.
The conference is designed for persons engaged in professional and scientific work in the education of children, youth and adults of all abilities: educators, teachers, professional associates, pedagogues, special educators, andragogues, counselors, lecturers and others. Also, we expect other experts employed in public services and administrations, media workers, students, activists and everyone else who is interested in the topic and subtopics of the conference.
The aim of the conference is to analyze the current educational environment in the region by considering the practical and theoretical aspects of educational work and by exchanging experiences with the participants in educational processes. To this end, the conference will present the works of professional and scientific workers from the country and the region who will respond to one of the offered subtopics:
- Theoretical foundations of the modern education concept,
- Educational influences and distance learning programs,
- Integrative approach in education,
- Inclusive education of exceptional learners,
- Contemporary forms of cooperation of all participants in the educational process,
- The modern role of kindergartens and schools as centers of local education,
- Contemporary methods in educational practices,
- Non-formal and informal education,
- Challenges of education and enlightenment today.
We invite our colleagues to submit abstracts regarding the conference topic and subtopics.
The organizers of the conference will include the abstracts in the Abstract Book, while the papers in their entirety will be included in the publication Exceptional Children – Education and Treatment (International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) 2683-3603).
- abstract should be written in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx);
- abstract should contain a brief description of the lecture/workshop, as well as the goal;
- language: Serbian, languages used in the region or English;
- alphabet: Latin;
- word count: 200–400 words;
- font: Times New Roman;
- alignment: title, authors and institutions – central;
- abstract – justified;
- font size: title – 14 pt, bold, UPPER CASE;
- name and surname of author and co-author – 12 pt, regular;
- names of institutions – 10 pt, regular;
- abstract – 12 pt, regular;
- key words (3–5) – 12 pt, italic.
Note: Abstracts will not be edited. The authors are personally responsible for the content of their presentations and papers.
The agenda will be sent to the attendees 10 days before the conference, i.e. by April 13, 2021. The organizers reserve the right to modify the agenda.
You can submit the abstracts for the lectures or workshops via THIS form by April 7.
Oral presentations of up to 12 minutes can be registered via THIS form. Please submit a description of the presentation (up to 400 words) and your professional qualifications and experiences regarding the workshop topic by April 7.
Participation without a presentation can be registered via THIS form. The registration deadline is April 12.
Candidates will be informed as to whether their presentations have been accepted by April 10, 2021.
Participants from Serbia can attend the conference by paying a registration fee of 3,000 dinars. Colleagues from abroad are required to pay €30. The registration fee for students attending undergraduate or master’s programs is 1,000 dinars, i.e. €10. These prices will apply until 11:59 pm on April 17, after which the registration fees will be increased by 20%.
The organizers of the conference will send a pro forma invoice to the applicant for payment purposes.
Special registration fee for ICE members
ICE members who wish to apply as lecturers, abstract authors or participants without a presentation can pay a registration fee of just 1,000 dinars. The price for our members in the region is €15.
Remember that you, too, can become an ICE member. A membership fee of just 3,540 dinars allows you to attend ICE’s 12-month professional development programs and provides you with a staggering 70% discount for the Contemporary Education 2021 conference. REGISTER HERE.
For more information about the conference, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or contact the organizational board representative, Marinela Šćepanović, at: 062/244-060 (call, SMS, Viber).