Great experiences from the international Heritage Hubs
project presented at ICE
On Friday, January 24, the Center for Urban Development held a workshop titled Cultural Heritage in Education: Experiences from the international Heritage Hubs project at the Institute for Contemporary Education.
The attendees had the opportunity to hear some of the key conclusions from the project coordinator, as well as first-hand experiences from the three elementary school teachers who participated in the project. We had two foreign presenters as well, one from the Association of Cultural Education in Finland, and the other from the Spanish foundation La Fundación San Millán de la Cogolla.
The Institute presented the Heritage Hubs Manual for Cultural Heritage Education, and organized workshops on how to make an educational film about cultural heritage.
Colleagues who attended the event showed great interest in the topic, and some of their comments are:
- “International cooperation in education through a project and get-together was a valuable and enjoyable experience.”
- “Though-provoking experience.”
- “Thanks for organizing such a great and interesting event.”
- “Excellent idea, it would be great if we could find a way to implement it in the Serbia educational system.”
- “Useful, interesting, instructive and intriguing.”
- “It is crucial to bring together individuals and groups who deal in the similar issues to share experiences, knowledge, sources and conclusions. Kudos for your dedication. “