Competition winners announced on Intelligence Day 2019
A committee comprising members from Mensa Serbia, the Creative Teachers association and the Institute for Contemporary Education (ICE) has selected 30 papers to be awarded as part of an Intelligence Day 2019 competition. Our colleagues will receive the prizes at a panel that will take place at ICE on December 7, from 10 AM to 2 PM. Don’t miss the opportunity to see the award-winning examples of teaching practices, meet colleagues from all over Serbia, and share experiences, knowledge and skills with Mensa members.
Intelligence Day 2019
The goal of this event was to highlight the importance of stimulating intellectual abilities with the help from many creative, enthusiastic, motivated and resourceful teachers. The event commemorated the foundation of Mensa on October 1, 1946 in Oxford. All elementary and high school teachers from Serbia who, from September 22 through October 6, implemented activities aimed at stimulating the intellectual development of students, were eligible for the competition. The committee analyzed the reports on these activities and chose the most influential ones.
Who are the winners?
The papers were classified into 6 categories (pre-school, elementary school – up to grade 4, elementary school – grades 5 to 8, high school, students and adults). The winners are:
- Nenad Pantić, Sava Šumanović Elementary School, Zemun;
- Jasna Lončarević, Jovan Jovanović Zmaj Elementary School, Sremska Mitrovica;
- Irena Lazarević, Dušan Jerković Elementary School, Ruma;
- Mirjana Kosanović, Matko Vuković Elementary School, Subotica;
- Slađana Rašić, Ivo Lola Ribar Elementary School, Veliko Gradište;
- Đurđica Stojković, Jovan Popović Elementary School, Susek;
- Vesna Popović, 23 October Elementary School, Sremski Karlovci;
- Jelena Babić, Milić Rakić Mirko Elementary School, Prokuplje;
- Ljubiša Blagojević, Branko Radičević Elementary School, Negotin;
- Slađana Cvetković, Despot Stefan Lazarević Elementary School, Babušnica;
- Marija Zec, Cana Marjanović Elementary School, Ralja;
- Daliborka Putić Berarov, Vuk Karadžić Elementary School, Zrenjanin;
- Bojana Nikolić, Mihailo Petrović Alas Elementary School, Belgrade;
- Tatjana Kovačev, Bora Stanković Elementary School, Karavukovo;
- Danijela Kleut, Primary School Savremena, Belgrade;
- Anka Rašić, Vladislav Petković Dis Elementary School, Grljan;
- Aleksandar Mijalković, Dušan Jerković Elementary School, Inđija;
- Natalija Budinski, Petro Kuzmjak Primary and Secondary School with Dormitory, Ruski Krstur;
- Marina Marjanović, The First Elementary School – King Peter II, Užice;
- Natalija Milenković, Radoje Domanović Elementary School, Niš;
- Snažana Tošović, Tanasko Rajić Elementary School, Čačak;
- Marija Prutkin, Jovan Popović Elementary School, Kruševac;
- Miloš Arsić, Sonja Marinković Elementary School, Zemun;
- Marina Stanojlović Mirčić, Ljuba Nešić Elementary School, Zaječar;
- Sofija Vlajin, St. Sava Elementary School, Sremska Mitrovica;
- Biljana Ivanović, Nikola Tesla High School, Leposavić;
- Olivera Arizanović, Economics School, Niš;
- Jasmina Micić, The First High School of Kragujevac;
- Miloš Jeftić, Milenko Verkić Neša Technical School, Pećinci;
- Mladen Šljivović, Zaječar High School.
The committee also decided to award colleagues from neighboring countries:
- Croatia: Danijela Klajn, Rugvica Elementary School;
- Slovenia: Brigita Blaževič, Ciciban Kindergarten, Ljubljana;
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Amna Dervišagić, High School in Bosanska Krupa;
- Macedonia: Violeta Panev, Vlado Tasevski School, Skopje;
- Montenegro: Dragana Aprcović, Kekec Elementary School, Sutomore.
Mensa Serbia, the Creative Teachers association and the Institute for Contemporary Education would like to congratulate the winners.
The best papers will be presented at ICE
The award ceremony will take place at ICE on Saturday, December 7, from 10 AM to 2 PM, as part of a panel entitled Stimulating Intellectual Development – Examples of Good Practice. The panel has been accredited by the Institute for the Promotion of Education (no. 407).
ICE members and other colleagues can apply by filling out THIS form. All attendees will receive a certificate for professional development outside the institution.
Note: The number of participants is limited and the applications will be arranged according to the time of reception.